Home Building Tips

To help our customers further, the KCP Cement team would like to share our subject expertise – good construction practices! We feel that this will enable our customers to build better, stronger, smarter, and in turn, also satisfy the vision of our group to collaborate in unequivocally furthering our clientele’s progress.


The concrete we create needs 25% of cement and water, and the rest 75% is constituted from chips. Hence, vigilant care must be taken in choosing quality fine aggregate (sand) as well as coarse aggregate (chips).

The required qualities and strength of cement always needs to be considered. Cements with a high ranking in the above fetch good values in the market. Due to its high quality standards, KCP Cement has been named as ‘Concrete Cement’ in the market, an honour we have achieved as a result of our meticulous production practices.
Sand (Fine Aggregate)
Dried sand from river basins is ideal for concrete mixes.
Never use ocean sand.
Not more than 5% of sand lumps, mud lumps and gum particles are allowed.
Chips (Coarse Aggregate)
Chips with sharp edges help in perfect bonding.
Chips used for foundations must have a thickness of 40mm.
Chips used for columns, beams and slabs must have a thickness of 20mm.
Chips used for concrete must be graded.
Iron
The iron used in construction must always be free of rust, mud, oil and paint.
Always use BIS standards iron only.
Water
Water used for the concrete mixture must be as pure as drinking water.
Never use salt water, because this will not only weaken the cement strength but also rust the reinforcements used in the construction.
The water must not contain oil, grease or sugar.
To give maximum strength to concrete, the following tips must be adhered to:
The quantity and quality of the cement must be of the appropriate kind.
Excess water must not be used while mixing.
Use mixture machines for mixing the concrete.
Use the concrete within 30 minutes of its mixing.
Use a vibrator for better compaction of the concrete.
Curing must be done regularly.
Concrete laying must be done in the right weather conditions (below 40 degrees) only.
Concrete laying must be done in the early hours or at night, during summer.
Shopping Basket